0

0

Translate

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Fasting and angels.

  BY Argie Simonis

In both the Old and the New Testament, we see that fasting is accompanied by the supernatural, and many times with the visit of angels of the Lord. A typical example is in the book of Daniel:

"And I set my face to the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:" Dan. 9:3
"And I prayed to the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;" Dan. 9:4

"Yes, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation." Dan. 9:21
"And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give you skill and understanding." Dan. 9:22
"At the beginning of your supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to show you; for you are greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision." Dan. 9:23

It is impressive that Gabriel was sent from the moment Daniel began to pray, and was there by his side before he even finished his prayer!
Now see what happens in the next chapter, in chapter 10, when the angel Gabriel again visits Daniel:

"In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks." Dan. 10:2
"I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Dan. 10:3

"And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me on my knees and on the palms of my hands." Dan. 10:10
"And he said to me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright: for to you am I now sent.  And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood trembling." Dan. 10:11
"Then said he to me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that you did set your heart to understand, and to chasten yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I am come for your words." Dan. 10:12
"But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, see, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia." Dan. 10:13
"Now I am come to make you understand what shall befall your people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days." Dan. 10:14

In both cases, the angel Gabriel was sent from the moment Daniel began to pray. In the first case in chapter 9, Gabriel visits Daniel before he even finishes his prayer, while in the second case he arrives after 21 days because there was resistance.

It is important to understand that God always hears our prayers and sends the answer, but we must not forget that there is a spiritual war and there is resistance until the answer reaches us.

Let's take a look at some examples from the New Testament:

"And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing," Acts. 10:30
"And said, Cornelius, your prayer is heard, and your alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God." Acts. 10:31

"For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve," Acts. 27:23
"Saying, Fear not, Paul; you must be brought before Caesar: and, see, God has given you all them that sail with you." Acts. 27:24

If you think you are fasting and nothing happens, you are wrong! When we abide in prayer and fasting, angels of the Lord are sent to us and remove obstacles that resist the manifestation of miracles in the physical.

So we continue fasting with perseverance and anticipation that we will experience God's supernatural intervention in our lives and the whole world will see that the Lord is with us!

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment